WELCOME TO MY WORLD...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A word about toilets...


So far, we've been lucky. Anywhere we've gone and needed facilities, there were Western toilets. Before leaving the hotel, one must make sure to use facilities that one knows about! There are, in India and also in Europe, the squatting variety of toilet -- these are the type with two indents for your feet and a hole. I don't really want to think about this type of toilet. I admit it! I don't know if my bad knee would support such squatting activity and frankly I'm afraid to try it. There's a whole different protocol for how one cleanses when using one of these, if one doesn't have one's own toilet paper. (Of course, one does have one's own toilet paper in purse at all times.) I won't get into it, unless someone is vastly interested. Most places seem to have modern toilets and less modern toilet paper and I for one am grateful. However, there's been much interest in the toilet at the hotel, so I will tell you that this is my favorite type of toilet -- the big flush/little flush variety. The button on top of the tank allows one to choose. So much more efficient. So, now you know. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I want one of those when I remodel the bathrooms... but first, I need to get through the kitchen remodel...
    SO glad you are having a fine time and I am living vicariously through you. Jess leaves for Spain/Morocco/Portugal next Tuesday, so I am seriously jonesin' for some travel...
    love you!
    B

    ReplyDelete